Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weekend in VEGAS!

Thanks to the stimulus checks we got this year, my roommate and I decided to go to Vegas! I've never been. I've had a couple of trips planned with friends in the past but something always came up and it never worked out. This was my birthday present this year! Part of the whole experience for me was staying in a really nice hotel...something I've never done. We stayed at the Venetian. Here's a picture of the lobby of the Venetian.

We went to Madame Tussuad's (Wax Museum) ...another little something I've always wanted to do. Here are just a few of the many pictures I took there.
Can you see the resemblance between Cameron and I?

Stevie and I are going on the road together! Al Roker stopped Lesli for a quick interview as Larry King waited for his turn.

and so many more...
We saw the very interesting, bizarre, but very entertaining Cirque Du Soleil "O"
The show was at the Bellagio, so when we came out of the hotel, the 'Fountain' show was about to start. Pretty cool! Of course this picture doesn't actually capture how cool it was.We took taxi's to the different hotels and that was part of the whole fun experience. We went to the Dolphin Habitat at Treasure Island. There was a baby dolphin just born that morning. Cute. We also saw the White Tigers and Lions. All of the lights and people, and fun hotel lobbies made the whole thing feel kind of like Disneyland. It's a great place to 'people watch' too. I know that's a stretch...considering it's VEGAS. It was just a fun weekend to get away and do something different.

Oh...and we did waste a ton of food. The first night there I ordered a chicken pot pie. I know...a pot pie? It sounded good at the time. Anyway, this was my pot pie... It was HUGE! It's not like you can get a doggie bag either. Where are you going to keep it? Lesli made me feel better by telling me that she saw an episode of 'Dirty Jobs' that told about a Pig Farm in Nevada that got all of their 'slop' from the left over food at the hotels in Vegas. I felt a little better knowing it was "for the pigs". I just had to keep telling myself that.
See...people can enjoy Vegas without drinking, gambling or going to strip clubs!
Good Times!



















































10 comments:

Diana said...

Deb, This post was just so fun! I can't wait to see the rest of your pics. I love the Cameron Diaz picture and Leslie with Al Roker. So fun! I hope you had a great Birthday! I love ya LOTS!

Anonymous said...

Debra (or should I call you Cameron?), what a fun trip!!! You are so funny! I love all of your comments - for the pigs! I'm glad you really celebrated your birthday in style!

Sarah said...

Did you go to the McCoy fun house? That would be my first stop in Vegas!

Debbie said...

NO! But it sounds 'fun'. What is it?

Diana said...

Debbie,
Sarah is talking about Cori's house. Remember they live in Vegas. You silly girl!

Debbie said...

Ha! That's funny! That one went right over my head!

Leslie Behunin said...

I think Vegas (the strip) has to be the craziest place on Earth and you've got to experience it at least once. I'm glad you had a great time!

Lindsay Skinner said...

How fun! I didn't know you guys had gone. I love wax museums, they are such a blast!

Liz said...

My boys are big fans of Vegas. We were there in the spring and they had a blast. I am glad that you went and had a fun time.

Jill said...

i've NEVER been to vegas...can you believe it?!! the mccoy house would be tops on my list. i've heard it's a blast!!! (jill shane)